Date of Birth
24 April 1983
(Director, Editor, Post-production)
Synopsis: An artist puts finishing touches to his latest paining and so he starts its journey. Passed from hand to hand, forgotten and re-discovered, acclaimed and abused, the painting is a passive witness to various popular moods and changing values.
(Character & puppet designer)
(Storyboard Artist and Director)
Synopsis: He is just ordinary man. He is invisible. He doesn’t have a name. His life consist mainly of daily grind. But he has vivid imagination and in his mind he has totally different experiences.
PersonalSocial skills and competences Almost all of my work experience is mainly in cooperation and interaction with other creative individuals, where it has been very important to build up the team spirit, collaborate, inspire each other and deal with people with diverse career orientation and professional language. Organizational skills and competences Very good organizational and motivational skills, obtained as a (assistant) director and participant in several projects with many other participants: • The short film “Infinito” include about 80 participants in about 10 locations;
• The funding of the short film “Infinito” was via project grant provided by National Fund “Culture”
• The short film “The Room” was shot on several locations permitted by officials incl. two Metro stations
• For the shooting of teasers for “The big reading” the number of the crew members was more than 100, working on 10s of locations within a short window of time (less than 2 weeks). Artistic skills and competences Favorite art techniques are: Collage, Oil painting, Acryl painting, Graphics. Broad interests and experience of Conceptual design in any form. Desired employment / Occupational field Mihaela would like to express herself as a visual artist in motion pictures in the role of Film editor & post-production or in game and advertising industry as a Graphic Designer & Illustrator.
Work experiencesince January, 2008 Freelance filmmaker for over 30 Film, TV and Video projects Director, Film editor, Post-production artist, Roto artist, Screenwriter, Conceptual & visual artist for World Wide FX, Studio 42, ForeX Ltd, TV 7, among various employers (see the full list) since February, 2006 Character design & development Hand & Rod puppets from a kids’ story for Experian Ltd., Nikola Dogramadjiev, etc. (see the full list)
since May, 2008
Graphic Designer & Photoshop specialist Photographic retouch/post-production for Sadigirb Ltd., etc. (see the full list) since September, 2004 Costume & set designer for over 20 visual art projects Costumes, stages, sets, props designer & art director for Aedea Partners LLC, Association “Darina”, Dramatic Theatre of Lovech (see the full list)
Skills and competencesGeneral motion picture skills & knowledge
also including rotoscoping, keyering, tracking, color grading, visual effects, mastering, post-production, etc.
also including shot list, conceptual art & design, etc.
also props design
for puppets, animations, games, etc.
Favorite products: Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Adobe InDesign
Mainly using Adobe Photoshop
Favorite products: Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Sony Vegas
Mainly using Adobe After Effect, extensive professional experience with The Foundry Nuke, also gained some experience with Apple Motion Studio
Of course I am well acquainted with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
I have some basic knowledge for 3D design, modeling and rendering by working on Discreet 3D Max
I have good knowledge to work with professional hardware devices (Tablet, Shuttle, GPU, basic understanding of the operation of professional photo and video cameras)
In the process of obtaining a driving license
Education2008-2011 Film and TV Director (Master of Arts) New Bulgarian University Main focuses of the studies were:
• Managing a creative project for television or film production;
• Developing screenplays, shot lists, budgets, and storyboards;
• Coordinating communication across the film departments (cinematographers, producers, art designers, actors, sound designers, post-production etc.);
• Film editing & post-production. 2004-2008
Scenography (Bachelor in applied art)
National Art Academy – Sofia Main focuses of the studies were:
• Stage and costume design for drama, puppet theatre and opera;
• Stage and costume design for film;
• Computer-aided design;
• Creating visual environment for stage and audio-visual product;
• Designing puppets, costumes, props, stage decoration and theater sets;
• Building miniature models of stage & set designs.